Thursday 24 February 2011

Enterprise Task 5

Proposed position statement//

1> To work with high end print/ publishing/ and branding, but not to limit myself to just these specialized areas of design, I want to experiment with web and digital design.

2> I see myself working best within a small agency or tight knit studio and not a large design agency where I'd be a smaller part in the design process.

3> I've always had a keen dislike to corporate branding and business/commercial graphics so I would like to stay clear of this area of design.

4> I would like to work in New York after graduating, but if at first for financial reasons I can't I would like to work in Manchester or more locally as London has never really appealed to me.

5> On the subject of ethics I really don't have a distinct view and at the time of writing this would work for most clients.

6> I'd like to work with Typography, colour and simple images and be have that subtle aesthetic with my design as I think type is my strongest area in design.

7> I want to collaborate more/ I respond well to developing my ideas with others and bringing the strongest elements together.

8> As Orson Welles said "create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others" I want to have my own visual style but not so unique to others that it's a niche option for clients.

9> A professional website that engages the viewer and offers a simple but aesthetically pleasing way of navigating through my work.

10> Eventually, maybe in 10 or more years I hope to be able to start my own studio that produces the kind of work I want to the clients I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment