Wednesday 23 February 2011

Enterprise Task 3

How will I promote Myself? // What do 'they' want to hear?//



>Advertising//
This can range from Business cards; that act as a reminder of a conversation or a piece of design in an exhibition to Magazine ads or interviews. As a student/designer I'm unlikely to be able to afford an ad or be interviewed by a design magazine and Business cards usually come after interacting with other designers or clients. In the modern technological climate a web presence is a designers best portal of publicity, submitting work to design blogs and search engine optimization of your website/blog. Having a domain name and webspace allows you to be easy reachable and acts as a direct link if mentioned in blogs or reviews and can act as a digital portfolio that can easily be sent as a link to clients/studios.


>Personal Selling//
Personally I think this is the core of self-promotion, interacting with designers and clients; either a face to face basis or over the phone shows personality and primary communication skills. I feel that face to face communication is the strongest way to develop and build a business relationship between designers and clients and without this dialogue you can only go so far in the creative industry. Asking for advice from designers and taking an interest in their practice can also start a relationship in design, I hope to do this soon through emails, letters and phone calls to studios that I admire and would like to like


>Direct Marketing//
Targeting my client group through emails, phone calls, meetings and relevant networking events.



>Public Relations//
This is basically direct marketing and sales promotion, but also could include getting involved in local businesses and charities and even local art fairs and exhibitions.


>Sales Promotion//
This again could be business cards, a website displaying past work for other clients. As long I keep my work accessible I can build up my brand allowing me to charge more for my services.



>place//






No comments:

Post a Comment